Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Waiting...

I'm siting here waiting to hear who will be the next president of the US. No matter what your political leaning, election night is most certainly exciting! Who will be our next president?! We'll find out soon!!

While I am waiting to find out who will be the next president, that's not really what I'm waiting on. The last week has been an exercise in waiting. Last Monday I went to my obgyn to find out the results of hubby's latest SA. The news wasn't good...and he referred us to a local reproductive center. That afternoon I called and found out that I could get an appointment as soon as November 5th!!

After I made the appointment, someone called me back a little while later. She was checking my insurance and found that they don't accept the plan that we're on. So...I would need to call my insurance company and get an in-network benefits letter (basically a form to request that my insurance consider this doctor as in-network). I wondered why they even wanted my insurance information? I knew that my insurance wouldn't cover any infertility issues...I'd already called to double check. Well...apparently, if their location is approved to be in-network, my first appointment and many of my diagnostic tests would likely be covered! I started doing a bit more research and realized that if we do choose to do IVF, some of my medications will likely be covered as well (yay!). Sadly, the most expensive ones won't, but...we'll deal with it.

So...I wait. I called today to make sure they received the form that I faxed over. Side note: Did you know that there is an app to fax from your phone?! I simply took a picture of the documents that I needed to send, and put in the fax number and off it went...complete with cover letter!! Anyway...they received my fax and were waiting on the doctor's signature. The fertility center told me that it can take two weeks for the insurance co. to process the paperwork...so here I wait!

Hubby is going to be out of town at a conference most of next week, so I'm hoping to get an appointment during the first part of the week of Thanksgiving.

Meanwhile...there is a lot to be done at home. I just have to find the motivation to keep moving forward with getting things done. I'm really wishing we didn't live so far from family right now!

In keeping with my promise for music, this song has been going through my head all day as I'm waiting...

 
 
30 Days of Thankfulness update:
 
November 4 - I am thankful for my dog. I really believe that she was a gift from God. I don't know what I'd do without her. She's a joy when I'm having a tough day and always ready for a cuddle and a kiss...or 'nose'! I just love her!
 
November 5 - I am thankful for a great church! Our church has some really awesome people. They have been friendly and caring right from the beginning. I'm so glad we found it!
 
November 6 - I'm thankful for my freedom. Although some would argue that we're not truly free, if you know much about other countries, you'll find that we have SO many more freedoms than a lot of other places. I'm so glad that I have the freedom to express my opinion without opposition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment