Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

When I first started this '30 Days of Thankfulness' journey, I thought, oh my...how in the world am I going to come up with 30 (read: THIIIRRRTYYY!!!) things to be thankful for?!

Like really...truly thankful for...

Not just...I'm thankful for the sweater my mom gave me last Christmas. That's nice...and I am thankful for it, but there are SO many other things in life to REALLY be thankful for!

Today I have so many things that I am thankful for that it's hard to narrow it down. I think I will write them down for another day when I'm not feeling so thankful!

Without further adieu...the winner for today is...(cue the trumpets!)

My worship team!

Our group is filled with a bunch of artists who love each other and love the Lord! At rehearsals there is arguing, bickering, giggling, laughter...and sometimes even singing! We're all a bunch of fallen people living to serve and worship Jesus. I'm thankful for each person in that group. I'm so glad that they heard the call of Jesus and followed it. Most of all, I'm SO VERY thankful that God lead us to this church and that the group accepted me from day 1! Literally, they asked me to sing my first Sunday there! Now, just for clarification, that's not because I have some amazing voice!! I believe it was because that was exactly where we, and I, was supposed to be!

Anyway...sorry for the two gushy posts in a row!!

I'm not sure I'm going to be so thankful tomorrow. We have 3 beautiful days in a row coming up, and I am bound and determined to get these silly doors painted and back up on the hinges! I'm tired of seeing the contents of my coat and linen closets!!

Until tomorrow...

PS- In case you were wondering...I said some version of 'thankful' 11, whoops...now 12 times! :-D

1 comment:

  1. It is good to write down all the things for which you are thankful! (that's what "One Thousand Gifts" is about). The Psalmist reminds us to REMEMBER:
    Psalm 105:1-5a
    "Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. REMEMBER THE WONDERS HE HAS DONE..." [emphasis mine]
    And be thankful for those closet doors ;-)

    ReplyDelete