Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness

I decided to jump on the bandwagon. I've seen it all over Facebook and Pinterest. 30 Days of Thankfulness. If I believed in coincidences, I might think what perfect timing it is to have a full month to remind myself of all of the things that I'm thankful for. Coincidences are nice, but God-incidences are better. Surely, God is saying...remember all of the things that I've blessed you with. And so, I shall...

I missed the first three days, so here they are:
November 1 - I'm thankful for my family. I am thankful that God allowed me to be born into a family that is loyal, loving, caring, supportive. They are faithful people who have taught me to love Jesus and to love others. They're wonderful people!

November 2 - I'm thankful for my husband. His faith is inspiring. He is my best friend. He supports me and encourages me to pursue my passions. He listens to me ramble when I'm making no sense. He makes me laugh and reminds me to live life to the fullest. He challenges me in a way no other person has. I love him with all of my heart!

November 3 - I'm thankful for a living God who loves me so much that He would sacrifice His only Son just for me. Even if I was the only person on earth, He would have done it anyway. That's humbling.

It's good to take a moment to think about the blessings in life. I really needed to be reminded of the things I have instead of those things that I don't. I am blessed.

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate your pursuit towards gratitude - it's not an easy task! I recently read "One Thousand Gifts: Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are" by Ann Voskamp and found it inspiring to notice things in your life for which you are thankful...the sunlight dancing on wall, the crisp smell of the autumn air...and so on. I pray your quest for gratitude will fill your heart with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michele! I'm actually really enjoying this exercise in thankfulness. As time has gone on, I've found myself paying attention to the smallest details, consciously thinking, "Am I thankful for this?" Most of the time, the answer is yes. When November ends, I need to figure out a way to continue to find things to be thankful for. It's changed my outlook so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say that 21 days is all it takes to form a habit...so after 30 days of being thankful, chances are it will take form in your life and become a "Habit" and it will become second nature to notice things for which to be thankful!

    ReplyDelete