Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Little Bean: The Discovery of a BFP!

The discovery of our BFP was a neat one, so I thought it would be fun to document it. Not other for others, but for myself as well!

I'll document by date, and add relevant/interesting information for the important days. It's a long one...so get ready!!

December 2, 2012: Cycle Day 1 (first day of AF). I decided that if I was going to get my kitchen cabinets painted before my parents came on the 21st, I'd better get started!! 

December 4 - 8, 2012: 2mg of Anastrozole each night (ovulation inductor) No real symptoms to speak of. MUCH better than my one experience with Clomid!!

December 13, 2012: Cabinets are emptied, cleaned and ready for their first coat of paint!

December 16, 2012: CD 15, Ovulation has occurred!!! Yay!!! I ovulated!!!!!

December 13 - 21, 2012: Painting, Painting and more Painting! This kept me VERY distracted!!!

December 21, 2012: CD 20 - Head to RE's office to get a progesterone test. (Kind of early, but because of the holidays, it was the only day it could be done) Put the last coat on the last side of the kitchen doors! Mom and Dad arrive around 8:30 pm! 

December 22, 2012: Mom and I spend all day putting new shelf paper in the kitchen cabinets! Boy...this was a taxing job! Hubby drilled new holes in the drawers for the new fancy pulls! Yay hubby! Dad and hubby installed one garage door opener (YAAAAAY!!!!) I think we also loaded up the stuff back into the cabinets.

December 23, 2012: Church...new hinges and hardware get put on. Holy Smokes!! This kitchen looks AWESOME!!!! Dad and hubby install the 2nd garage door opener!! Woo hoo!! I also had to play bells at the Christmas Eve Eve (no, that's not a mistake) service at my church at 6 pm. 

December 24, 2012: Mom and I decide we need to at least make SOME cookies. We made Russian Tea Cakes, Peanut Butter Blossoms (yum) and my own version of Kashi's Chocolate Chip Cookies for my hubby! We worked all day and even managed to make dinner before we had to head out to the 5 pm Christmas Eve service (which I was playing bells in again). We returned home from the service tired, and just relaxed! 

December 25, 2012: Christmas Day!! Open gifts, Dad's classic Christmas morning omelets and played a new game - The Lost Cities! If you know anything about The Settlers of Catan or Carcassonne...this is one you must add to your collection! 

December 26, 2012: Travel 7 hours to Florida to visit Grandma and Uncle! Acne is starting to get bad...

December 27, 2012: Shopping with Grandma for a new outfit! 

December 28, 2012: Friday - CD 27 (12DPO) - RE calls with progesterone test results. It was 5.6 and indicated ovulation (I knew because I was charting). I told him I thought that I should get AF either the next day or Sunday. He said..."Well hopefully you don't!" I thought, yeah right...af is coming! We discussed what I should do if AF showed up and he said that I could start my next round of Anastrozole on CD 3. I had REALLY bad dry mouth, which now I know, was one of the first signs I was pregnant! 

December 29, 2012: Saturday - CD 28 (13DPO) - Travel 7 hours back to TN. Wore a pantiliner because I knew it was possible that AF could show up today. I had been charting for a while when my cycles were regular and I knew that I would almost always get AF 14 DPO, but sometimes 13 DPO, so I was prepared. I started to get some slight cramping...but I just thought AF was going to show up the next day. The ride home was kind of uncomfortable and I was SUPER dehydrated. More dry mouth. We played more Lost Cities once we got home!

December 30, 2012: Sunday - CD 29 (14DPO) AF is due today. I woke up considering taking a test first thing, but this was the last day my parents were going to be here and I didn't want my mood ruined by a BFN. So...I didn't. Sometime after noon I was starting to bug out a little bit. I was running to the bathroom every 15 minutes to see if AF was here. Nope! I was having creamy CF so it kept making me think that AF was showing up. Very annoying!! 

Mom and I went for a walk to try to get af to show...still nothing! Just one walk around our VERY hilly neighborhood and my lungs were KILLING me! I know I'm in bad shape, but this was different. I didn't say anything to anyone because I didn't want to seem like I was a wimp, but it was rough! I think this was another sign that I was pregnant.

Somewhere around 3 or 4 I got really impatient and went to take a $1 store cheapie test! It was a BFN, but I knew that I had been drinking a TON of water (remember...I've been super thirsty since Friday) and obviously it wasn't with FMU (first morning urine). I came out of the bathroom and told everyone that it was negative, but I still wasn't convinced. We were almost at the end of the day and AF still was no where to be found. I was having a decent amount of cramping most of the day...to the point that I had to get my corn bag and heat it up and put it on my belly while we were playing games. 

I used my last test and I decided that I'd like to take one in the morning just to be sure because my parents were leaving that morning and it would be really awesome if it was positive while they were here! So, I asked hubby to go to the $ store and get me some more cheapies. He thought it would be a good idea to get something more sensitive. I didn't really want to spend that much on one, but finally agreed! So he got me one of those early response ones. 

Just before we went to bed, I went back in the garbage and looked at test one more time...and it had a pink line!! I realize that you're not supposed to look at them after 10 minutes so I didn't get too excited, but I was pretty sure that most evap. lines aren't pink...they're usually gray or something. 

We went to bed and I was having a decent amount of cramping. To the point that I had to be careful turning over or else I would get shooting pains. I also couldn't lay on my sides because I felt like my insides were covered in knives and cutting me up!! My stomach was also extremely uncomfortable so sleeping on it wasn't an option. So, I spent most of the night in my back very uncomfortable...

December 31, 2012: Monday - CD 30 (15 DPO) - 5:50 am! I'm wide awake! I heard someone get in the shower and bam! my eyes popped open! Wide awake! Ok...time to go take my test! Just before we went to sleep, we decided that hubby would come in with me while I took the test so he would be the first to know. 

Well...I think in my half asleep stupor, I told him to just stay in bed and I'd come back and get him. 
I went in and decided I'd check to see if af was coming first. Sure enough, I had a little spotting. So, I thought, oh well...I guess I was wrong. I started to pee and thought...No! I need to take this test. I did. I waited for the liquid to wick up the test and nothing at first. So I finished on the toilet and by the time I stood up and turned to look at the test, there it was....my BFP!!! My first EVER!!!!! I'm not sure what my first thought was, something like "OH....MY...GOSH"!!!!! Shoot...I better go get hubby!! 

Thankfully Mom and Dad were at the other end of the house and the bathroom door is right next to our bedroom. I opened the door and hubby was sitting waiting on the edge of the bed and scared the living daylights out of me! I said, hurry, come in!

We walked into the bathroom and closed the door and I showed him the test! He looked at me with this look of shock and disbelief! We both started laughing and then crying and hugging each other! We hugged and cried and laughed for a little while before I said, we better get ourselves cleaned up to go tell Mom and Dad! 

We walked down the hallway to the other end of the house. Mom was in the kitchen and Dad was in the living room. I said, well, we have the results, and I handed the test to my Mom. She looks at it and says, "Wait, I don't have my glasses on!!! Wait, I can't see it!!" I started laughing and crying again and she looks at me and says, "You're laughing aren't you?" I think she might have said something else, but I can't remember. I figured since my mom couldn't see it, I'd try dad! The next moments are a blur! I know that there was a lot of laughing and hugging and crying and praising God! We had SO many people praying for us. I know it was a TRUE miracle! 

After that, we spent the next half hour trying to get in touch with my brother, who is currently living in Sydney Australia. It was almost midnight there and we were having a hard time reaching him via phone because of his reception in downtown Sydney. We were texting and finally, his girlfriend guessed that I was pregnant and he asked via text and I told him yes! We set up to Skype later that night (his morning) and we got to talk to them in person! 

My parents left about an hour later because they still had a 13 hour drive back to NY. 

The last couple of days have been so much fun to laugh together and pray together and praise God for this miracle! I keep randomly bursting out in laughter because I still can't believe it...even after the cramps and great test results!! 

I look forward to the joys and sometimes uncomfortable moments to come!! 
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. You'll be so glad that you documented all of this! Don't stop, cuz pregnancy (and babies....and children) suck all your brain cells and you forget things...a lot!

    So...can I see pics of the kitchen??? LOL...I dream of re-doing my kitchen and maybe you can give me a little inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I'm hoping to do a decent amount of documenting! I don't want to forget anything...although these twinges and sharp pains that I'm getting (that I think are from my ovaries...on both sides)...those I'd like to forget!

    I'm planning to do a post on my other blog (that I haven't posted to in a year!) about the kitchen. It was HARD, exhausting work, but seeing the results, it was WELL worth it! I really feel like we've increased the value of our home by spending the time and energy! It looks so fresh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so exciting ..so did you really had the spotting the day when u tested positive ?? did it stop??
    happy 9 months ..God bless u and ur family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the story! A huge, giant congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post and a great idea too! :D I've really enjoyed all your posts actually but this one gives me hope too - I've feeling quite a few similar things (dry mouth/thirsty, stabbing/pulling pains in the ovary/pelvic area and even some nausea - none of which are my usual pre-AF symptoms). :) Keep the posts coming and congratulations again! :D

    ReplyDelete