Wednesday, January 2, 2013

More test results

It started out a ROUGH morning! I had an appointment with my RE's nurse for more blood work at 8:30 this morning. Before I went to sleep last night, I remember changing my alarm from 8am to 7am and switching the alarm to on. Well...when I woke up at 8:30 this morning...I knew I messed up somehow!! Still have no idea what went wrong!!

Anyway...I FLEW out of bed and called my RE's office first thing. Of course they hadn't switched their machines over yet and so I had to listen to 5 minutes of recording before I could actually leave a message. I finally did, saying I would hop in the shower and could be there by 9:30!

After rushing around like a maniac, I actually managed to get there at 9:37...not too bad! But I was STARVING! I wasn't feeling the greatest this morning anyway, plus I didn't have time to eat breakfast, so when they asked me to update my paperwork for the new year, I laughed! My hands were shaking so bad I could barely recognize my own handwriting! Thankfully they don't care! 

The nurse (my favorite nurse...yay!!) called me back pretty quickly and she explained that they would be looking for a 66-100% increase in my HCG levels. If they were less than that, I'd have to come back in on Friday for another test. If they went down...well...then I was miscarrying. I pretty much ignored those two statements! I feel pretty much like I have for the last two days...so I was SURE everything was fine. Plus, I know God gave us this miracle, so I'm confident He's going to protect our little boy or girl! 

She also told me that if everything looked good, I would have my first prenatal appointment and ultrasound at 6 weeks and 2 days. Plus...it's possible we'll get to hear our little baby's heartbeat!!!! Wow!!! 

After that appointment, there are a few things that could happen:
1. The ultrasound looks perfect and I can get an appointment with my OB for somewhere between 10-12 weeks. Then, I move over to the OB's office...Bye, bye RE! 
2. The ultrasound looks perfect and I CAN'T get an appointment with my RE between 10-12 weeks. Then, I go back in to the RE for my next appointment and then to my OB for subsequent appointments.
3. The ultrasound doesn't look normal and I go back in for a follow up with the RE. (Also ignored this statement!! Our baby is going to be PERFECT!!)

I got my blood drawn and headed out to run some errands...but first I NEEDED food! I stopped and got a little something and felt SO much better!!

I got a call around 2:15 this afternoon with my HCG results - 560.5!! Woot! More that double what it was on Monday!! Our little poppy seed is doing just fine!!

My first prenatal appointment is scheduled for January 17th at 9am! Can't wait!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. wow ..fantastic ..beautiful numbers ,congrats once again .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoooohoooo!! Things are looking GREAT!! I can't wait to continue following along with you :) Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

    ReplyDelete