Monday, January 14, 2013

6 Weeks, 1 day - Sick!

Right now, I just want to take my hat off to all of the women out there that have morning/afternoon/evening/all day sickness!! I especially want to acknowledge you women who have worked through this challenging time in the pregnancy!! You are all my heros!

I started not feeling well on Saturday (today is Monday) and these last 3 days have been hard. I haven't actually gotten sick, but I've come close a couple of times. 

At this point, it seems that the mornings are the worst, and if I can find something that sounds appealing and eat, I usually feel better. Right now, ginger ale and saltines have been my best friends! I have to say, though, that the saltines are getting old. Finding things that sound appealing is a REAL challenge. 

I tried a bite of cheerios this morning. That didn't go well! The smell of it was grossing my out. Yuck! 

I'm about to head out in a bit to do some shopping for things that I can eat. My list consists of all white, starchy things. That's so sad!!

Sigh...I had such high hopes of eating healthy and maintaining a good weight throughout this pregnancy, but right now, I'm a little worried about that with all of the carbs that I have to eat. 

Oh well...in the end when we have a beautiful little baby, it'll all be worth it! :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! For most women it doesn't last much past the first trimester. Starch and Carbs are exactly what your body needs right now. Don't lose hope on eating healthy...there's still plenty of time. For now, you're probably not eating that much anyway, so what you do eat your body is burning quickly in growing baby inside you. Just eat what sounds good!

    ReplyDelete