Wednesday, January 9, 2013

5 weeks 3 days: Symptoms so far

I sort of wish I had been documenting this all along, but I decided it was finally time to start documenting my symptoms! 

Thankfully, so far, they haven't been bad! But there have been enough that I don't have to remind myself that I'm pregnant!

Week 3, 6 days (two days before BPF) - I had a lot of cramping and extremely dry mouth

Week 4 (1 day before BFP) - More cramping during the day. Some watery/EWCF. Had LOTS of trouble sleeping at night because I thought my insides were clawing their way out.

Week 4, 1 day - BFP!!! Woke up with brown spotting even before I POAS. More cramping. Not as bad as the night, but worse than period cramps. Thirsty!

Week 4, 2-5 days - Cramping is less severe. Spotting seems to be going away and is more like off-colored CF. Now I'm getting severe 'pinging' on both of my ovaries. Makes it difficult to sleep and I'm worried about miscarriage. Called the doc and he thinks everything is ok but would see me on Monday (week 5, 1 day) if I wanted. I didn't go in. Had insomnia. Not sure if it's because I was excited or what, but I only needed 6 hours and I was good to go for the rest of the day! Couldn't stomach a full piece of toast with peanut butter. Looks like peanut butter is out for a while! Sad! Still thirsty!

Week 4, 6 days - Ovary pain is almost totally gone (thank GOODNESS!!). Breast pain is starting to get worse. Also starting to have trouble if I don't eat first thing in the morning. I get shaky and almost like an adrenaline rush and then a let down. Can't drink enough!! Uterus pain is almost totally gone.

Week 5, 1 day - MUST eat before I do anything at all!! Boobs are KILLING me! Need to go shopping to get more sports bras to have some to sleep in. Have a decent amount of energy. I actually think I feel better than I did before I got pregnant! Need water!!!

Week 5, 2 days - I don't think I should eat ground beef much. Started not feeling well after eating home made tacos. Also sad! Still thirsty and still have dry mouth. 

In general I'm VERY excited! I'm still afraid of having a miscarriage, but I'm praying and I have a TEAM of people praying and so I'm believing that the Lord is going to protect this baby. It's been so much fun sharing the news with various close friends and family!

It's also funny because I don't think I've eaten as well in the last year as I have in the last week! No soda, VERY limited sugar, healthy options and only eating until I'm full. I don't want to gain a TON of weight and it's never been easier to make good food decisions for me...because I'm setting this baby up for his or her future and relationship with food! Maybe I should have pretended I was pregnant before and I would have lost weight! haha!!!

It all still feels surreal but I'm just trying to enjoy every moment!! 

Now...time for a little rest!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment