Thursday, December 6, 2012

I'm ALIVE!!!

I woke up this morning feeling pretty good!!! For the last three weeks or so, I would wake up in the morning and feel like DEATH!!!

We all know the feeling in the morning...dreading getting out of the warmth and protection of your cozy soft sheets...but, you wake up and get up and hop in the shower anyway and by the time your shower is done you're pretty much awake! Well...that has NOT been the case for me these last few weeks! 

If you know me, you know that I'm NOT a morning person. In college, my boss used to joke with me saying that he couldn't talk to me before 10 am! He wasn't kidding...and I'm still that way! But...this was different. 

I think it was the progesterone supplements I was on. And here's why...

First, they can make you feel really sleepy anyway...so I would take them at night. 
Second, I KNOW they make me sleepy because I took one in the morning once. NOT a good idea! Unless you want to feel drunk and like you're going to pass out all day, DON'T DO IT!!! 
Third, I started charting again a few days ago and I think the progesterone has FINALLY left my system! 

 If you don't know about charting, here's a brief summary. Your temps correlate with hormone levels. From AF to O your temps stay pretty low (estrogen is present). The day after O, your temp jumps and stays up until: either delivery because you got pregnant or you didn't get pregnant and AF shows up (progesterone takes over and warms things up). It should look something like this:


Look at that lovely chart! Isn't it beautiful?! It was my very first chart...from January 2009! Sigh...I miss the days of awesome charts...tear...

If O doesn't occur, here's what a chart might look like (notice no jump in temps because there is no progesterone): 


Look at that sad chart...that's me most of the time...excuse me while I go cry...

Anywho...so I took progesterone to end the cycle and here is what my chart looks like so far:


You can almost SEE the progesterone leaving my body! :) Temps going down and down...

So, I think it's finally all out now and I woke up this morning feeling like a normal person not wanting to get out of bed instead of the living dead walking around half asleep for most of the day!

Woohoo!!! Now to go clean out the rest of my cabinets so I can get painting! 

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I heart your first chart, LOL! Of course, I keep telling myself there's only one good chart, the BFP one!

    I'm so glad that the progeterone has left your body and you are feeling so much better now. I'm now a huge fan of it either and fixing to start my drops tomorrow, but it's not as strong as taking a pill for it. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still learning the abbreviations...what does BFP stand for?

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh....what a wonderful feeling!! So happy you woke up refreshed and energized today!! That will help in so many ways, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dream Chase- I wasn't aware there were drops for it? Did you get them from your doc or a store? My RE is a fan of provera rather than prometrium, so I suspect if I need to take it again under his care he's going to put me on that. I'm ok with it...

    Michele - BFP = Big Fat Positive (positive pregnancy test!) BFN = Big Fat Negative (negative pregnancy test)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I've been taking synthetic progreterone ever since the surgery nearly seven years ago now.........shouldn't I be warm instead of cold all the time? Things that make you go hmmmmm........

    Happy that you are more energized! Can't wait to see the cabinets when we get there. xxoo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha!! Did you notice the temp changes?! It only goes up by 1/2 a degree or so! Not nearly enough to keep you warm! :)

    I'm so excited for you to see the cabinets too! You're my motivation!!

    ReplyDelete