Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Debrief...and BW results...

I couldn't believe it when AF showed up two days after stopping prometrium! So...off to the RE I went...

I got there (early...again!!!) and was ushered in to do the scan first. The nurse said we would do my labs after my ultrasound. I thought that was fine, so I agreed. 

The doc came in (yes, the doc...not a nurse!) to do the scan (35 follicles on the right and 22 on the left...woah...can we say poly-cystic ovaries?!) and said everything was looking good to start my medicated cycle. 

I stepped out, ready for my labs (I'm pretty sure they took about 15 vials of blood!) and the nurse tells me that we'll be doing a fasting glucose as well as a 2 hour fasting glucose test. WHAT?! Since when do they do this test on non-pregnant people. UGH! Well...by that time, if I drank the 'kool-aid' it would be lunch time when I had to come back. So...I had to wait until 11 am to drink it, and then come back at 1 for another blood draw. 

Well...remember, this is a fasting test...so I hadn't eaten anything since the night before. Almost immediately after I drank the stuff, I thought I was going to throw up. I had plans of heading over to the local mall to pick up a few things, but by the time I got through traffic and into the mall, I was feeling so horrible, there was no way I could walk around the mall. Awesome...So, I found a chair and sat in it! LOL 

About an hour later, I forced myself to go get something that I could eat after I was finished with the second blood draw even though I had absolutely NO desire for food at the moment. I got back, they took MORE blood and I left to eat my salad in the car!

I felt sick off and on the rest of the day and just wiped out! All I have to say is, I'm NOT looking forward to having to do this again when I'm pregnant!! 

While I was at the RE, I got the results of hubby's blood work. All of his hormone levels looked good...so, now we're just waiting on a referral to a urologist to make sure there aren't any anatomical issues. Like I said before, I'll be very surprised if there are. 

Assuming no anatomical issues, the only other option for hubby at this point is to give Clomid a shot. Apparently it doesn't affect motility or morphology (which are both issues), but it increases the total count (which isn't an issue), but to quote my RE, "More is never a bad thing"! LOL 

I'm going to do some research on clomid for men and we'll talk about it and see if it's worth pursuing. 

I'm looking forward to getting my own blood work results...but it'll probably be a week or more before I get it! I'll update y'all when it comes in! :)

Till then...

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to hearing how Clomid helps your husband. We haven't been referred to use it yet, but our new urologist is hinting at it.. We will find out more soon too! So sorry to had to go through the testing UGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby just told me today he got an appointment for December 19th! I'm not sure if we're going to go the Clomid route. We need to talk and do some more research...

      Delete
  2. Wow! That whole workup really sucked. I'm so sorry you felt so sick, but hoping everything comes up okay. Good luck with DH with the clomid and maybe look up some other supp's to check on the other issues. Fingers crossed for a BFP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS horrible! I'm NOT looking forward to doing that again when I'm pregnant! LOL He's actually been on a gazillion supplements since January...and his last SA was worse...so I'm not sure if they did anything. He's going to stay on them for a while longer just in case, but I'm not convinced they actually did anything for him. :(

      Delete
  3. Oh man...that was a terrible day :( All that blood taken...no food in your tummy...YUCK! Have you recovered yet? (I hope that when you have to do the glucose test again, you can be a little better prepared! Can you be better prepared?!?) Hubby's results sound good...one more thing to cross of the list. Progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm FINALLY feeling better! I was still pretty 'off' yesterday. I've thought it through and the only preparation I can do for the next time they do the test is to plan for if FIRST thing in the morning! None of this going past lunch business for me! LOL

      Delete