Friday, April 12, 2013

Gender Ultrasound Results!

Hubby and I went for another scan yesterday...the anatomy and gender scan! I went in to the appointment convinced I was having a girl! I was so convinced that all I'd looked at were little girl things! We even had a girl name picked out! It's not that we didn't want a boy...it's just that we couldn't agree on even the top two boys names! So...we decided that we would wait until the gender scan to see if it was a boy or girl. If it was a girl...we were set! If it was a boy...then we would have to do some serious thinking and talking!

For those of you that don't want a lot to read...we're having a...
BOY!!!!!
Here's our little Bella girl with the adorable little blue shoes that I bought at a consignment sale the day before the scan! She's going to love this baby so much! 

For those of you that want a little more information, here ya go...

Within moments of starting the ultrasound, we could see clearly that our precious bundle was in fact...a boy!!

Here's our first view of him:
It's a Boy!!!
Can you see his little boy parts?! He's quite proud of them already! We saw several shots clearly showing that he's a boy!

Look at his little nose...and lips!!! And that round little belly!!!! I love him already!!! 

All of his measurements looked great! At the time of this ultrasound I was 18 weeks, 4 days and he's measuring 19 weeks, 2 days, and 10 oz!!! Good size little boy!

The nurse was fantastic during the ultrasound! She asked us if there was anything that we wanted to see! So, we got a look at his little ear and one of his feet! We also got a peek at him sucking his thumb!!!! Completely adorable!!! 

We also got a DVD of the ultrasound. I can't wait to show it to my mom...she's going to love it! He was moving around like crazy, so we got a really good look at him all over! 

As for my reaction to the fact that it was a boy...well, I laughed! I LOT!!! I laughed so hard I cried...and then I laughed some more! I just thought it was hilarious that I went all of these months convinced that it was a little girl...and here we have a little boy! I'm so excited! We get to continue the line! Oh...and in all fairness, I feel that I should disclose that my hubby thought it was a boy from the beginning! He even went so far as to write a card to me before the ultrasound to prove that he really thought it was a boy. How he knew...no one knows!!?

For your viewing pleasure, here are a few more pictures:

Profile with umbilical cord

Kind of a scary version! Waving high! See the white line running down the middle of his head? I think that's the separation between hemispheres in his brain!

Self Explanatory! 

10 toes!!

We are so very excited to meet our little boy in just a few short months! Ahhh! Now...to find a name...
Photobucket

1 comment: