Wednesday, February 20, 2013

11 Weeks 3 Days

We've made it to 11 weeks and 3 days! Woohoo!! I'm a little late on my post, but thanks to Baby Center, here's what's been happening during week 11!



How your baby's growing:

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.
She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.
See what your baby looks like this week.
Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.

How your life's changing:

Don't worry if nausea has made it impossible for you to eat a wide variety of healthy foods or if you haven't put on much weight yet (most women gain just 2 to 5 pounds during the first trimester). Your appetite will likely return soon, and you'll start to gain about a pound a week.If you're like most women, you're feeling a bit more energetic now and your nausea may be starting to wane. Unfortunately, you may also be suffering from constipation (caused by hormonal changes, which can slow digestion) and heartburn (hormones again, relaxing the valve between your stomach and esophagus). Just remember, all this discomfort is for a good cause.
Learn which of your symptoms are normal and which are a sign that something might be wrong. You're probably also wondering things like, Can I keep going to dance class? Could the air bags in my car hurt my baby? Which cold medications are safe to take now? Find out what's safe and what's not during pregnancy.



Weekly Update:

We got our first baby gift this week! It was a basket filled with blankets, onesies, little hats and some other 'baby necessities'! They were all yellow and white and had little ducks all over them. SO cute!!! Right now they're sitting in the guest bedroom...which will one day soon be turned in to the nursery! Things are getting a little more real! 

When I saw the nurse last week, she told me that my uterus was tipped back. I don't know if that happened after I got pregnant, or what, because no one ever told me I had a tilted uterus. She said that the baby will eventually either settle back or forward, and if the baby settles back, it's going to be a while before I 'show'. That was kind of disappointing! I certainly don't want to be huge...but I'd also like a little baby bump too. Oh well...not much I can do about it. Just have to wait and see!!

How far along?  11 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain:  Lost another 1/2lb. Down 6 1/2 lbs total. Saw the nurse last week and she told me that if I lost any more weight to call them. Ugh...
Maternity clothes? Not wearing any, but I did buy some pants and a couple of shirts for when I start to need them. I was thinking that I was going to need the pants sooner rather than later, but I think the weight loss has prevented that.
Stretch marks?  No new ones! 
Sleep:  Still sleeping pretty well at night. I don't need nearly as much sleep anymore...thank goodness! That doesn't mean I'm any more productive during the day, but at least I don't need as much sleep! ;-)
Best moment this week:  Going out to dinner with my hubby and actually enjoying conversation and relaxing! I feel like it's been so long since we've connected! He's such a great husband and he's been so awesome since I haven't been feeling well...but I've missed him! 
Miss Anything?  Not having to think about food 24/7 and feeling 'normal'! I'm hoping the normal feeling will return in a week or so!
Movement:  None that I feel, but I know there's lots going on in there!
Food cravings:  Fruit mostly. I can't seem to get enough! 
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Chicken...eating too much...or too little! It also seems that 9:00pm also makes me sick! I don't know why, but pretty much no matter what I do, I start feeling really sick around 9pm every night! 
Gender prediction: Lots and lots of girl predictions!!! I'm still on the girl band wagon. Only time will tell though! 
Labor Signs:  Nope
Symptoms:  Getting a lot of 'pulling' in my lower belly. Sometimes it goes away quickly and sometimes it lingers. Either way, it's annoying!
Belly Button in or out?  In.
Wedding rings on or off?  On.
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy!!
Looking forward to: Finally being able to set up the nursery! I feel like I'm doing all of this work making a baby, but there isn't much to show for all that hard work!! 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment