Wednesday, February 13, 2013

First Appointment at my OB's Office

I'm feeling more and more like a regular pregnant person! Yesterday I went to see my OBGYN's nurse, Kay. She does all of his first appointments for him and I absolutely LOVED her! I'd only been to see Dr. C twice before I got shipped off to the fertility center and I was really happy with him...so I suppose I should have guessed that I would like her as well! 

I got to my appointment...gave the obligatory urine sample...

Side note - I know I'm going to have to give a sample every time I go in...but I can tell that the process is going to get increasingly difficult. Why? You ask?! Because the toilet paper dispenser is almost ON THE GROUND!!!!! I literally have to bend myself in half (read = my chest is on my lap) while trying to get the toilet paper. WHY?!?! Who in the world decided this was a great place to put the toilet paper?! Ugh...anyway...I digress...

So...I gave my sample, got weighed (lost 7lbs since I was in there last Oct. YAY!) and gave all of the appropriate info and was sent off to my room...where I got an ultrasound!!!

I went in on 10 weeks 2 days. Baby is still measuring a day small (that's been consistent for all ultrasounds thus far) and that's ok. The heart rate was 173...almost exactly what it was almost two weeks ago! 

She tried to find the baby on my belly, but I think he or she is attached to the back wall...making it very difficult to see from the front at this point. So...I got to experience my very first goopy belly. Woo hoo...um...no...more like gross. It was almost as bad as what happened next...you know it...the camera that goes up the lady parts. She managed to get the goop all over the place...

Anywho...we didn't get the greatest pictures...mostly because I think she didn't put the camera up far enough. I've had several of these ultrasounds done now (2 in the last month) and most of the time they sure aren't shy about shoving that thing up where the sun don't shine!! She seemed a little shy about the whole thing. Oh well...so now that you've read through all of this...here it is...the best picture:


Can you tell what you're looking at?! 

The baby was squirming all over the place. It was SO FREAKING cool! I could see all 4 arms and legs. The nurse could see all of the individual fingers. I'm not that good...so I didn't see them even when she pointed them out! 

In this shot, the baby is facing the camera, hands on either side of the face. You can clearly see the outline of the chin and even little dark areas where the nose and eyes are!!! I am just in LOVE with this picture! 

That's MINE! My very own little munchkin! That little baby is going to look like me or my hubby...hopefully a combination of both of us. He or she is going to be SOOOO cute!!! 

Anyway...I loved the nurse! I also discovered that it's very likely that Dr. C will be the one delivering this baby. Kay told me that he feels like having a baby is sort of like Christmas. Who wants to go shopping and buy all of the presents but not get to be there to see them opened? That's how he feels about delivery. Cool, huh?! God totally guided me to this doctor when I was searching and I didn't even know it! From what it sounds like, his philosophy is right up my ally! 

I go back for a follow up with Dr. C...and some blood work in 3 weeks. Next appointment, March 7th! 

I'll be back for updates between now and then...but ta ta for now...

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome and so glad everything is continuing to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an awesome post!! God is amazing!!! I have officially read every post now that I know you are blogging over here. I loved your God story getting you to this point and am praying for your pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete