Friday, March 8, 2013

13 weeks 5 days - A new picture!

I'm at the tail end of my 1st trimester...some people tell me that I'm in the second already, but I'm going with the week 14 switch to second trimester theory. That's what the books tell me anyway! I can't wait until Sunday when I can read a new chapter of my 'What to Expect' book!!! So far, I've been forcing myself to only read what's happening that particular week. 

I went to see my OBGYN for the first time yesterday. I had an ultrasound with the ultrasound tech and had a meeting with my doc. Nothing special happened, except he did tell me that he wants me to come back at 18 weeks for my gender ultrasound!!! Yay! That's exactly when I was hoping to go because hubby will be leaving 3 short weeks later for 5 weeks!!! Eeek! 

Baby was looking great! Heart beat was 158...right on target! He or she was having a very lovely nap...all curled up!!! Fortunately we did get to see a little stretch. So...I give you the latest picture. I call it "Upside Down Baby Stretching"...creative...I know! 


Weekly Update:
How far along?  13 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain:  Went to the doc yesterday and I weigh exactly the same as I did a little over 3 weeks ago. Yay! Which means I'm still -6/7lbs
Maternity clothes? Not yet...although I did get an email from Motherhood Maternity that they have a new line of inexpensive shirts...for around $12. I'm considering going to check that out!
Stretch marks?  No new ones! 
Sleep:  Been struggling with major nausea at night time. I also had a cold...so I was taking a Benedryl every single night...mostly just to try to take the edge off the nausea so I could get to sleep!! Once asleep, I do pretty well! If I drink too much too late, I wake up to pee once...but not always!
Best moment this week:  I have two best moments this week. We went to Nashville for a night. Even though I was feeling really bad most of the time, I SO enjoyed getting away with my husband! I've been so sick that it's been hard to connect at all. We really needed the time away! 

My second best moment was getting to see the baby again! I can't wait for the gender ultrasound in 5 weeks!!!
Miss Anything?  My energy and ability to do normal things without feeling like a need a nap!
Movement:  None that I feel, but I know there's lots going on in there!
Food cravings:  Fruit and carbs! Yum!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  I was feeling nauseous almost every day from about noon - 9pm. I tried taking Zofran but it was giving me SO much constipation. I took two pills two days in a row, and two weeks later...I still hadn't had a good bm (and MAN...they were painful). The doc suggested taking 1/4-1/2 a zofran and then using Miralax instead of colace (which clearly wasn't working for me). So...I've discovered that taking 1/2 a Zofran works for about 8 hours (YAY!!!) and I started the Miralax yesterday and I think it is going to work nicely!!!! You have no idea how relieved I am to have found a solution to the nausea and constipation. It was very debilitating. Hopefully now I can start to check some of those 'to do before baby comes' items off my long list!!
Gender prediction: Still thinking girl! It's hard to think about boys. If I have a boy...I'm going to have to do some serious rearranging of my brain!!
Labor Signs:  Nope
Symptoms:  Nausea, constipation
Belly Button in or out?  In.
Wedding rings on or off?  On.
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy!!
Looking forward to: Being able to get back into my life! I miss just being able to do the simple things!

Photobucket

1 comment: